[Zope] special user can't add ZClass

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:20:53 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I finally unveiled the first semi-cool version of the
Zope-powered site at my school district. Everyone is invited to check it
out at at http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/. At this point there are three
major features that really use Zope.

1. A  ZClass that we use to create news articles (a la Slashdot) for
display on the homepage. (We decided not to use Squishdot for a couple
reasons.)

2. The PostgreSQL-driven alumni database.

3. Dynamic news headlines using Site Summary.

My student and I learned a ton working on it and we hope to really expand
the features of the site over the next few months.

The question:
We have created a role called 'NewsPoster' that should be able to post
news articles for publication and basically have no other privileges. I'm
having a terrible time trying to tweak the permissions so this person can
log in, let alone post articles. What should be checked on the security
page? Obviously the person needs 'Add News Articles' (our ZClass), but
anything else beyone what 'Anonymous' has?

If you visit the site, you'll see the 'Submit news' link on the left.
Maybe I'm using the wrong URL to add the article. I've got:

<a
href="/school_news/articles/manage_addProduct/NewsProduct/NewsArticle_factory/">Submit
news</a>

The /school_news/articles/ directory is where all the instances are
stored. The default behavior of NewsArticle_factory is to add an instance.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/