[Zope] Help with PIL / Photo product

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 22:54:31 -0500

I'd need to go step through the code to see why this is happening
(general ignorance on my part), but it means that the PYTHONPATH doesn't
include OFS at the time when it imports the Photo product's module
(which in turn imports PIL).  PYTHONPATH, however, does include the
Photo product's product directory (Products\Photo) at the time of import
so it succeeds.  Products\Photo may be Zope's current working directory
when it gets imported, that would explain it.  Might be something else
entirely, though.  Glad it's working, in any case.

BTW, this actually helped me, because I'm working on a product that uses
PIL and now I know a safe place to put it (I'm going to include the PIL
files right along with the product if the license allows and Frederik
Lundh says its OK) for both Windows and *NIX.

Dale Lance wrote:

> Yesssssss!  Whew finally!
> But what does it mean?
> (Ignorance of the whole is definitely hobbling this horse)
>
> Now all I have to do is figure out how Photo product works!
>
> Thanks for the great effort.
> Really appreciated
>
> Dale Lance

Chris McDonough