[Zope] How can you insert strings with newlines into SQL database?

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:59:57 +1100

>>> Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote
> I have an SQL method:
>
> 	insert into mytable (col) values (<dtml-sqlvar text type="string">)
>
> the problem is that if 'text' contains a newline character gadfly won't
> accept this, since this apparently violates SQL syntax.  So I can't insert
> strings that have newlines.  What should I do?

Aaron Watters posted a patch for gadfly to fix this - you might
want to check either the Zope list archives or the gadfly list
archive (at egroups.com). It should probably be applied to the
version that's in the Zope CVS....

Anthony