[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog puting in double backslashes

Jason Spisak jason@mtear.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:13:09 GMT

David,

>  I've been handling smaller catalogs to date, with little DTML methods
> to do the index/unindex stuff, and not touching CatalogAware altogether.
> As I also need to scale and I'm looking into solutions and waiting...

Why wait?  I have 40 employees depending on my installation 10 hours a day
*non-stop*.  I leave it running all night, all the time, so I imagine it
could continue to serve.  We run our entire business off Zope.  It has
35,000 records and growing everyday.  The response time on searches is
*amazing*.  Subsecond almost all the time.  I wish concurrent writes was
something that is available, but it's still pretty darn fast doing that as
well.  As for lateral scalability, Digital Creations has a ZEO product that
allows clusters of Zope installations.  I took the chance on Zope a year
ago, and it has paid off for us here.  I hope this doesn't sound like a
shameless plug...but it is.

> At least the email list is bringing it up, now it will be ?fixed?.

Michel was working on it on Thursday.  It was fine in Zope 2.0.0 Final.  I
imagine it's something small.

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com