[Zope] Restart bug *and* shutdown bug

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:01:14 +0100

Hi there,

Any progress on the restart bug front? I am having trouble with regular
shutdowns too, not only the previously reported restart weirdness.

When I start the linux binary install with the 'start' script on RedHat
6.1 (with the latest upgrades), I get strange behavior with 'shutdown'
in the Control Panel. When I do shutdown, and go back to the management
screen, Zope is still running, until I do *another* shutdown. Sometimes
I even have to do three shutdowns to get Zope down. This happens with
clean Zope 2.1.2 installs.

This is really annoying when you're developing products. The restart bug
was difficult, but not being able to shut down reliably makes even my
workaround unworkable.

So is there any progress on this? Presumably the restart and shutdown
problems are related. Last I saw it was discarded as a RedHat 5.2
specific bug, but it definitely isn't. At least not here.

Regards,

Martijn