[Zope] Re: Photo Update

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:36:33 +0100

Hi Drew,

both methods work! Thanks a lot.

At 18:16 Uhr +0000 11.01.2000, Andrew Lahser wrote:
>  > Sounds interesting! I hope it will work seamlessly with my other
>  > things stored in ZCatalogs...
>ZPhotoAlbum will be its own ZCatalog. If you want to search it by
>itself you can, or you can select multiple ZCatalogs to search.
>This should be what you want, let me know otherwise.

This sounds like what I want... good! Hopefully it will be as easy
to integrate as it sounds :-)

>I am open to suggestions on making this dtml-interface better, but
>I found this to be the most flexible so far. It also reads more like
>Zope code, but it takes a little getting used to. I may still have
>much to learn here.

I would like to have more control over the way the html-Interface is
rendered. This way it builds up its own table and the only way to fo
anything to the look ist to redesign the existing styles using css.
I guess an bar where the buttons are graphics added to the image for
example at the bottom would be more flexible.

You were looking for a solution to set up default display sizes...
how about an Object "Photo sizes" that can be added anywhere in the
hirarchy and sets the display defaults from there on. This way the
values would be inherited further down but could easily be set for
specific needs or overwritten.

Jochen