[Zope] [Fwd: Questions on your ZmySQLDA Tutorial]

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:01:36 -0500

i iamge you've got the python libs installed in /usr/lib/python1.5

do the rpm -e python --force

go see if that directory is still there.  if so, delete it.

do 'find / -name "python*" -print', see if there are any straggles of
the source python you installed.  if so, delete them.  this would
happen, for instance, if you didn't specify the --prefix as "/usr" while
running "./configure" in the python source build.  you'll end up with a
dir /usr/local/python1.5 and a binary in /usr/local/bin/python and some
other junk in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/man.  this is a pain,
and python (to my knowledge) doesn't allow you to "make uninstall", so
it's unfortunately necessary.  this is why its advisable to install from
rpms if you're unfamiliar with python for the first time.

after you've tracked down all the stuff that got installed and delete
it, install the python 1.5.2 rpm, and the python-devel rpm.  or build
from source again, this time specifiying --prefix=/usr/bin
--with-threads"