[Zope] More REQUEST.set not incrementing SUCCESS!

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:06:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM wrote:

> It looks (to me) like the reason this works, and other permutations failed,
> is that <dtml-let> bahaves slightly differently than <dtml-call
> "REQUEST.set">, as far as persistence of values.

Variables set with dtml-let are only available in the enclosing namespace,
whereas ones set with REQUEST.set are available in the whole namespace of
an individual request. Probably your problem was related to this.

> I'm not sure if this way of getting there suffers from the data.fs bloat
> problem,  but I'll be watching to see if there's anything detectable.

No. The above code won't create any such problems.

One more suggestion. The object DateTime includes many useful functions
descriped in the source. For example:
<dtml-if "_['z_t']==_.string.split(_.str(_.DateTime(logged_on)))[0]">

could be written like:
<dtml-if "_.DateTime(logged_on).isCurrentDay()">

Pavlos