[Zope] SQL Queries

Dan Schenck <schenck@ultra.posc.org> Dan Schenck <schenck@ultra.posc.org>
16 Jan 00 08:31:30 -0600

Giampiero,

You can easily do that.  Take a look at this code.  It is a DTML Method, tableCount_html
which displays a page that allows a user to select a table name from a select list in a form.
The options are retrieved from a data base before the page is displayed:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<form action="tableInstances" method="get">
<h2 align="center"><dtml-var document_title></h2>
<hr>
<dtml-in getTableNames>
  <OPTION><dtml-var table_def_nm null=""></OPTION>
</dtml-in>
</SELECT>
<input type="SUBMIT" name="SUBMIT" value="Submit Query">
</form>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Here is the code for getTableNames, a Z SQL Method that uses the ODBC interface to
query an Oracle database for the possible list of tables to select from:

select table_def_nm from table_def
order by 1

As you can see, when someone references tableCount_html the getTableNames method is
called without the user pressing any buttons.

Dan Schenck
POSC
Houston, TX

> ** Original Subject: [Zope] SQL Queries
> ** Original Sender: Giampiero Raffaini <giampiero@btinternet.com>
> ** Original Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:04:53 GMT

> ** Original Message follows...

> 16/01/2000 13:59:55
> Hello there,
> I am new to zope and i find it great. I am still learning it and I have a few questions, but one
in particular;
> I used Coldfusion before and I was able to do this:
> I had a db with movies, with Title,director,year and so on. I could run a query looking for
Tilte and ID and then