[Zope] Growing URL's

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:56:08 -0500

Yes, this is a common new user error.  It is often manefisted by using
the wrong URLx value (like URL instead of URL1 etc).  This makes an
object, or set of objects, acquire from itself:

http://host/object/object/object/object....

or

http://host/A/B/A/B/A/B...

Threre is nothing inheritly wrong in this, you will allways get the
correct object (and I beleive acquisition is smart enough to short
circuit an object wrapped by itself) but it is a programming error, and
eventually web servers and clients will complain about URL being too
long (there is no rfc defined standard URL 'maximum' length).

-Michel