[Zope] Anonymous v. unknown

Matt Miller matt.miller@thelinuxstore.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:05:43 -0700

I have a problem which I am sure many others have run into and solved.
I have setup some public folders in Zope and underneath them are some
user folder protected branches.

In my work on my advertising banner project, I have created reports
which show the reuslts of impressions, blah, blah for customers.  They
log in to the site and can see their banners and the statistics on them.

Problem:

I am trying to access, inside these branches, data which is public.
Zope seems to demand that people who are logged in to any part of the
document tree have access rights elsewhere in the tree.  I would prefer
to map an 'unknown' user to anonymous access.  Did I miss something in
my setup?  I solved this short term by moving my user_folder up the
tree.. but I don't like this solution much.