[Zope] Anonymous v. unknown

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:37:44 -0500

If I understand you correctly, your problem is the HTTP Basic auth
mechanism, it's actually your *browser* which is insisting on sending
auth credentials with each request.  Since Zope can't know whether or
not you care about the validity of these credentials, it allways honors
them.

> would prefer
> to map an 'unknown' user to anonymous access.  Did I miss something in
> my setup?  I solved this short term by moving my user_folder up the
> tree.. but I don't like this solution much.

I don't understand what you mean by this mapping.

-Michel