[Zope] Zope and ODBC Test

Roland Reumerman zope_ddi@hotmail.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:36:08 CET

Apparently the Test tab page of the ZODBC connection object does not work
properly. Zope 2.1 always raises an "unpack sequence" error, no matter which
platform (NT, Win98) or database backend (Oracle, Access, InterBase) you
use. On the other hand there seems to be no trouble when you Test a ZSQL
object, so for normal use there is no real issue once you know that.

It is very frustating, however, when you're a Zope newbie (like me) and
think it doesn't work at all because you cannot even make it work on the
ZODBC connection test page, preventing you from trying it with a ZSQL
object.

I hope this is useful for other people who experienced the same thing, or
are about to.

Roland