[Zope] WebDAV and Word 2000

Guy Davis davis@arc.ab.ca
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:08:28 -0700

I am trying to make a case for the use of Zope as our project
documentation server (among other things) to management here.  This is
not easy as their instinctive reaction is to say 'Buy something from
Microsoft'.

In some instances, we will be storing Word documents on the Zope (2.12)
server.  I tried opening them with Word 2000, but I was only able to
open them as Read-only.  Is there someway to allow editing of Word
documents using WebDAV.  Please let me know how people are using Word
with Zope.  Thanks.

--
       Guy Davis    mailto:davis@arc.ab.ca
  (403) 210-5334    Alberta Research Council