[Zope] Re. PTK thoughts

Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:54:55 -0500

Just to second Andrew's suggestions regarding the need for workflow features
to be applied to the content management process.

>Andrew M. Kuchling wrote
>       For example, our workflow would look like this:
>
>       * Member creates a Run object
>       * An MX staff member looks at the Run, makes some comments, and
>         bounces it back to the member, who revises it.
>       * MX staffer looks at the run again, and approves the revised
>         version.
>       * 3 other Members with a certain role look at the run and
>         approve it.  Various other people get notified about this.

It's mind boggling to see the methods that perfectly computer literate
folks, programmers, admins, etc., come up with. You'd think the goal were to
add as many steps and people into this process as possible. It's almost as
if they forget there are computers involved that might be able to help us
build this Web thingy!

I don't pretend to understand the UML Zen needed to map out the ideal
solution, but as for nailing the problem, Andrew has done that.

Thanks for keeping on,
Jerry S.