[Zope] Re: ZPyGreSQLDA can't find _pg ; community-membership product?

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:20:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Ert Dredge wrote:
> That was the right pointer, though - thanks!  I forgot to copy _pg.so to
> the ZPyGreSQL product directory.  (That *does* seem a little
> counter-intuitive to me, though.  Shouldn't Zope be able to find all of
> pythons' libraries?)

   No, it shouldn't. Loading shared libraries is Operating System's job.

> Which brings me to my second question about a community-membership product.
> I'm looking at both GenericUserFolder and zGold + UserDb.  My concern is
> that the access method for these two involves basic HTTP authentication and
> going into the "manage" system on Zope.  I'm hoping to just have a little
> login/password form and cookies to figure out if someone is logged in, and
> leave them as a guest otherwise.  Is this doable with the standard acl
> setup?

   UserDB can use cookies. GUF can be set up, but I think it is harder job.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru