[Zope] Zope FTP access through HomeSite broken?

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:54:26 +0100

on Monday, January 24, 2000 Ben Glazer wrote :
BG> I like to use Allaire HomeSite v4.0.1 to edit DTML documents and methods in
BG> Zope.  For those of you who aren't familiar with it, HomeSite provides
BG> virtually transparent FTP-based file editing.  That is, HomeSite automates
BG> the process of downloading a file before editing it and uploading it after
BG> editing.

BG> At least since Zope 2.1.2, I have been unable to use HomeSite with Zope.
BG> HomeSite reports that my login information is incorrect, yet access through
BG> a standard FTP client is seamless.  Also, I know for a fact that HomeSite
BG> has no such problems with earlier versions of Zope.

BG> Has anyone experienced this same problem?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

I  used  Homesite  4.5  with  great  success  with  zope  2.1.2 .. Are
you sure it is the zope install, and not something else ?
Allaire's  ftp-client  isn't supposed to be very  tightly  coded,  and  after
upgrading  to win2k, it doesn't work anymore for me.
I'm still waiting for  a  fix  from allaire for this problem (they've promised to get it
out soon)..

--
Geir B Hansen
web-developer/designer