[Zope] Data Entry...?

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:10:22 -0600

I am in the process of developing a contact management/order processing system in zope for in house use at the company I work. The
basic system is in daily use by several remote US sites and 2 exclusive distributor sites in the UK and Germany. It will eventually
replace a Visual FoxPro system that is currently running in tandem with the Zope system (Zope uses the VFP tables).  I do about 50%
of my development from home.

I make extensive use of JavaScript to preprocess data entries to avoid problems on the back end (date validation, range validation,
etc.) We also use a lot of drop down lists to restrict what can be entered.

All calls to SQL or DTML are wrapped in an SQL call that uses the AUTHENTICATED_USER to determine what records and forms an
individual can access and even what fields he can modify or even see.

Here is a list of the primary forms I have developed:

-Menu (Sits at top of frameset. Has a lot of javascript functions that can be called by other windows/frames)

-ContactForm (Contact Information loaded into 1 of 2 frames - frames can be split to show 2 records at once)

-LookupList (used to return a list of records from a query(ID, Company, Lastname, Region, Salesperson etc.) with links to open each
record in a ContactForm in 1 of the 2 available  frames - loaded into one of 2 search list frames)

-OrderMain (Shows main information for an order -  Loads into one frame with OrderDEtList in frame below it.)

-OrderDetail (Shows Line item information for one line item on an order)

-OrderDetList (Shows a list of line items for an order with links to open an OrderDetail window)

-OrderTracking (Shows a list of active orders - is filtered based on who the viewer is and what stage of the order process they are
interested in eg. Salespeople selecting Order Tracking for Sales only see orders of theirs that need their attention to get to the
next processing step. Sales Managers see orders for all people they are responsible for and Everybody else sees all orders needing
attention from Sales to move to the next order processing step.  There are views for All, Sales, Accounting, Engineering,
Manufacturing and Shipping, each showing orders needing attention by that Department (All, of course, shows all active orders and
there statuses)

Hope this is helpful

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !