[Zope] Link scanning, former: Fitting Zope into publishing process

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:33:17 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Ragnar Beer wrote:

> I tried Linbot 1.0 and generally think it's great. The problem I had
> with it was that it would ONLY check remote sites but not my zope
> test machine http://localhost for whatever reason. Only the root url
> was displayed in the report. I tried pylice which is also written in
> python but it also refused to scan my localhost. Then I tried to scan
> from an external machine - same thing! The same content server as
> static pages from apache: works. Could that be a zope issue?

I too have had this problem. And it also happens with some of the other
(perl based) link checkers. In fact, the only link checker I've found so
far that doesn't have this problem is the 'webchecker' sample program that
comes with Python.

I'm currently digging through all the link checkers on Freshmeat to see if
I can find a more full featured one that will work. I'll let you know if I
find anything.

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://zhar.net/]