[Zope] Link scanning, former: Fitting Zope into publishing process

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:00:32 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:33:17 -0800 (PST)
> John Eikenberry <jae@kavi.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Ragnar Beer wrote:
> >> I tried Linbot 1.0 and generally think it's great. The problem I
> >> had with it was that it would ONLY check remote sites but not my
> >> zope test machine http://localhost for whatever reason. Only the
> >> root url was displayed in the report. I tried pylice which is
> >> also written in python but it also refused to scan my
> >> localhost. Then I tried to scan from an external machine - same
> >> thing! The same content server as static pages from apache:
> >> works. Could that be a zope issue?
>
> > I too have had this problem. And it also happens with some of the
> > other (perl based) link checkers.
>
> Try instead pointing it at the FQDN for your machine instead of
> localhost.  Why?  Most likely because gethostbyname() doesn't
> resolve for localhost.

FQDN or localhost doesn't matter... it doesn't work with either. I've
tried.

Has anyone gotten a link checker to work with Zope? If so, which one, and
how did you set it up.

Thanks,

---

John Eikenberry