[Zope] DCOracle for 8.1.5 (8i)

Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:21:29 +1100

>>> zwang@turbolinux.com wrote
> Sorry for that I am newbie to this area. How to fiddle that link options to
> get it work? Thanks.

edit the Setup script to get the necessary libs for linking an
OCI application under your particular flavor of Unix. It varies
by platform and by minor Oracle version - see your platform
specific Oracle docs for the details. I went to look for the
Setup file I used, but I think I must've stomped it somewhere
along the line.

Once upon a time I attempted to write something that would parse
the Makefiles that ship with Oracle to generate a Setup file. This
was a completely fruitless task - Oracle seem to go out of their
way to make this a total pain in the backside (probably to make
more business for their consulting business "yes, we can help
you compile an application" - god knows their consultant (in my
experience, anyway) aren't much good for anything else...))

oops. </rant>

Anthony