[Zope] Not quite getting server side include type behaviour on items in child folders. child folders.

Jeff Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:14:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Jules wrote:

> Hello Zopistas.
>
> I'd like to be able to organize some content in logical child folders and
> then include that content in a parent DTML method. I'm having a hard time
> figuring out how to get it just right.

No problem.

> For instance, the DTML document "foo" simply contains the following:

> If I include this DTML document in the same or parent folder as my method
> and reference it, no problems. Typing
>
>     <dtml-var foo1>
>
> spits out the contents of foo with the HTML paragraph tags intact. God bless
> Acquisition!
>
> Child folders is where I'm bumping in to things. If I create a "bar" child
> folder and cut/paste "foo" in there, no luck.
>
>     <dtml-var bar.foo>
>
> barfs with a KeyError traceback. Putting quotes around it grabs the file but
> turns things like "<p>I am foo.</p>" into "&lt;p&gt;I am foo.&lt;/p&gt;".
> And foo doesn't work as a method rather than a document, either.

Try:

  <dtml-var expr="bar.foo(this(), _)">

The "expr=" is optional, but Chris Petrilli bludgeoned me into using it at
IPC8. :-)

> I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Hope this helps! I think we've all tried to figure this out at one point
or another. For a (slightly) more detailed discussion of related topics,
check out Issue #1 of Zope Guru of the Week at:

  http://209.67.167.7/demos/ZGotW/1

> Cheers,
> Jules

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                      704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                             mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                http://www.goingv.com/