[Zope] ZMySQLDA problem after following HOW TO...

Robert Geiger rgeiger@bellsouth.net
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:22:43 -0500

Well, just to update the readers,

I went back and deleted everything installed by the "How-To..." and tried it
just using the directions for the "Software Product: ZMySQLDA" by MikeP.

That worked perfectly.  I am using SuSE 6.2 on my server and did not need
any other files.  Just followed the directions.  Recommended.

Someone with more experience than I might want to figure out when one really
needs to use the How-To, rather than the product instructions.  Even though
people tried to save me some trouble, and it looked like a good thing given
the dates on the how-to vs the instructions, there were subtle differences
that made my experience different from some others.

Perhaps the List party line should be:  if the instructions do not work for
you, then check out this how-to.

Of course, I outsmarted myself, too, by not trying those instructions first!

Thanks again to all.