[Zope] PTK bug?

Jules zope@jules.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:08:18 -0500

| I installed the Portal Tool Kit in my Zope directory (2.1.1), and then
| tried to import ZopeOrg.zexp... [snip]

To quote Paul Everitt during his talk at 8IPC, "the portal tool kit does not
work right now. Don't use it." There was no firm date for release of one
that does work but I think he said something about it being ready in
February or March.

I could be wrong as it was bloody cold up there any my mind hadn't quite
defrosted for his talk.

They did show a pre release PTK that was awfully nice. It removed a lot of
the complexity of the standard Zope interface that drives non technical
users nuts. I don't think my granny could use it but maybe my mum could be
shown how in about 20 minutes.

The PTK seems to be something that everybody has been bleating for and DC
has been promising for a while. It seems that they're deadly serious about
putting one out Real Soon Now. Otherwise showing it during Paul's session
would be a bit on the silly side.

Cheers,
Jules