[Zope] Whats the best way to Automatically Start Zope Server on bootup??

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:02:15 +0100

At 19:04 Uhr -0800 29.01.2000, J C Lawrence wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:48:39 -0500
>Chris McDonough <chrism@digicool.com> wrote:
>
>  > Robert, I think SuSE uses System V-type RC stuff (e.g. it has
>  > /etc/rc.d, /etc/rc.d/rc3.d, /etc/rc.d/rc5.d, etc.)  Though I might
>  > be wrong about the location of the rc.d directory for SuSE
>  > (sometimes LInux vendors put the rc.d directory in /sbin).
>
>SuSe uses /sbin/rc*.  RedHat uses /etc/rc/rc*.  Debian uses the SysV
>cannonical /etc/rc* as does PHT, Caldera, and Corel AIR.

SuSE uses /sbin/init.d/ as basis for their SysV scripts but offers
/etc/rc* compatibility, which is used by SysV, the mentioned
graphical KDE Init-Script Editor working seamlesly with SuSE.

Jochen