[Zope] When does Zope become single-threaded?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 18:44:57 +0200

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 10:56:30PM -0700, Hung Jung Lu wrote:
> I seem to remember that in the old days, if one uses Zope with PCGI, it
> would only run single-threaded. Is the correct? Or is Zope now always
> multi-threaded?
>
> (I know one can control the number of threads via the -t option in the start
> script.)

Using ZServer, Zope will always run multi-threaded. In the olden days, before
ZServer, Zope ran single threaded through PCGI or a simple HTTP server that is
no longer bundled.

You could still use Zope this way, that is, use it without ZServer, and have
PCGI go directly to Zope. This would indeed be single-threaded. But why would
you want to do that?

--
Martijn Pieters