[Zope] Re: Copy/Paste problem

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:07:49 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Curtis Maloney wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> > >    I (and some my friends) have problem with Copy/Paste. Sometimes it's
> > > wotking, but often Paste button does not appeared after Copy/Cut.
> >
> >    After investigating I found that the problem is mostly related to
> > SiteAccess. I can copy FROM a folder with SiteRoot object, but cannot paste
> > INTO such folder. After removing SiteRoot object copy/paste worked. After
> > reinstalling SiteRoot copy/paste stopped working again.
>
> Ah, SiteAccess.  You can save yourself the repeated addition/removal of
> SiteAccess objects by learning how to type __no_before_traverse__ quickly in
> your URLs. (o8
>
> http://my.site.com/path/to/zope/__no_before_traverse__/manage
>
> It tells SiteAccess to not do it's thing, and you should be able to direct
> access the Zope site there.

   I knew this, and probably this is worth to recheck...

   Ususally I use different approach. I have an URL that points to the real
site, for example http://sun.med.ru/zope.net.ru/, and pass SiteRootPATH
using mod_pcgi2. And I have different management URL, e.g.
http://sun.med.ru/pcgi/zope.net.ru/manage, where I do not pass the env var.
Without SiteRootPATH SiteRoot shouldn't interrupt traversing, no?

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru