[Zope] Re: ZClass in ZClass problem

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 03 Jul 2000 08:24:18 -0400

Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>    It seems you are taking me as an idiot :( I know what is %20 means in
> URLs. I want to know where I got these from, and how to get rid of it...

They are a special feature of ZClass development.  The spaces let you
write implementations of methods that would otherwise conflict with
existing methods.  That's why you can, for example, write your own
"manage_main", which would normally conflict with the implementation of
manage_main in the Folder class.  Instances of ZClasses remove the
trailing space, making the method fully available.

Now, it sounds like Zope may have some problems with property sheets and
URL conversions.  Let's try to solve that.

Shane