[Zope] problem with ZopeFind and objectValues

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:32:10 +0200 (MET DST)

I can now answer in part:

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Jerome Alet wrote:

> <dtml-in "ZopeFind(this(), obj_metatypes=['Folder'])">
>   <dtml-var id> - <dtml-var title>
> </dtml-in>
>
> gives me the following error:
>
> """Unauthorized
>
> You are not authorized to access id."""
>
> If I set a proxy role of manager to this dtml-method that doesn't change
> anything, it still doesn't work.

In fact if I give this method a proxy role of Manager then it works fine
if I access directly to this method from my browser. However if I call
this method from inside another dtml method then it seems that the method
loose its proxy role of manager.

e.g.:

say mymethod has a proxy role of manager and a method called anothermethod
contains somewhere:

<dtml-var mymethod>

then if anothermethod has no proxy role at all:

browsing: http://myserver/myfolder/mymethod works fine.

browsing: http://myserver/myfolder/anothermethod doesn't work
(Unauthorized).

I have to give the proxy role of Manager to anothermethod too if I want
both to work correctly.

Is it a feature or a bug ?

thanks in advance.

Jerome ALET - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Faculte de Medecine de Nice - http://noe.unice.fr - Tel: 04 93 37 76 30
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE