[Zope] oracle8 and cursors

Andy Pahne ap@net22.net
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:41:56 +0200

hi, there,

i've been using oracle8 with zope succesfully for a while. now my database
programmer came up with a solution for a certain problem, which "we cannot
solve with an easy select statement". he told me, that we are gonna have to
use db-cursors instead.

i must admit that i have heard the therm cursor before, but i am not sure
how to use them with zsql-methods.

my question is fairly simple: is there any difference in handling cursors
with zsql-methods in comparison to handling 'simple' select-statements? can
i use <dtml-in "..."</dtml-in> to iterate over the result sets?

I read DCOracle.txt which comes along with DCOracle-Product, but I do not
understand it very well.

Any recommended readings?

Andy Pahne
ap@net22