[Zope] Arrg! dtml-in can't handle lists of pairs!

Cary O'Brien cobrien@Radix.Net
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:16:40 -0400 (EDT)

> "Cary O'Brien" <cobrien@Radix.Net> writes:
>  > It seems as if dtml-in handles lists of pairs specially.
> It does, and it is documented.

Where?  I even looked through the code in DT_In.py and couldn't
figure out where it handled this special case.  This seems
to me like a pretty big gotcha.

I did find out that a list of two items was not handled
the same way as a tuple of two items.  Unfortunately
I couldn't figure out how to invoke list().

> For pairs, the first component becomes "sequence-key" and
> the second "sequence-item".
>
>  > Not a good thing.  Can I supress this behavior?
> Not that I know.

Well, the only solution I came up with was to iterate
with an index over the size of the thing.

-- cary