[Zope] ZWiki/Structured Text formatting surprise

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 05 Jul 2000 13:51:12 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Bill Anderson wrote:
> > Why not put a space in there, after the comma? As in:
> > (_.None, _, foo)

I suggest that, since this appeared in a code snippit to begin
with, it should have been written as:

  blah blah '(_.None,_,foo)' blah blah

in which case, the '_'s shouldn't have had any effect.
(If they did, it's a bug).

Note that the StructuredText underlining feature is
widely considered a missfeature and probably won't be supported
in StructuredTextNG.

> > Likewise, I tried this in the Sandbox. Works for me. :)
>
> I'd prefer to see a generic way of escaping structured text formatting.
>
> Maybe this is something for StructuredTextNG?

Maybe. I'd really prefer that this not be necessary.
Maybe someone should add this escaping feature to the
StructuredText Wiki at
http://www.zope.org/Members/jim/StructuredTextWiki/StructuredTextNG.
If you do, please suggest an escaping syntax. Please
think hard to come up with an escaping syntax that I don't hate. ;)

Jim

repeats.