[Zope] File referencing and LocalFS

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:42:45 -0700

> 1)Folders names are directly related to string fields
> in a MySQL database which use spaces between words (eg
> New York), but folders names don't use spaces (eg
> NewYork). How can I skip spaces from database fields to
> make them refer to these folders (eg New York -->
> NewYork)?

_.string.replace(folder_name, " ", "")

This will return a string with the spaces removed, if 'folder_name' is a string
variable containing the folder name (with spaces).

> 2)Using LocalFS, can I do something like <dtml-
> var "localfsObject['<dtml-var par1>'].['<dtml-var
> par11>'], where par1 and par11 are folder names (after
> skiping spaces)?

You can't nest dtml like this. Just use:

<dtml-var "localfsObject[par1][par11]">

(also note that I removed the . between [par1] and [par11])

See http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/HowTo/DTML_with_LocalFS
for more information on using DTML with Local File System objects.

--jfarr