[Zope] SquishDot properties

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:28:14 +0100

tom smith wrote:
> I'd like to add a URL property to a Squishdot article (and remove the "dept"
> property), is this possible and how would I do it?

The 'proper' response would be 'no'.

The hacky response is, just store the URL in the 'dept' property ;-)
Adjust your forms slightly (so they say URL instead of dept but make
sure the form field is still named 'dept').

Nice huh? ;-)

(I was going to do something similar(ly nasty ;-) to use the file
attachment feature to store an image that was rendered when you viewed
the posting ;-)

> Also, can I auto-complete the "from" field with the users' username that
> they have logged in with....this is for an intranet

What have they logged in with? Squishdot should 'remember' the name and
email address after they're typed it in once, which maybe helpful since
I get a feeling what you're asking about may not be possible :(

cheers,

Chris