[Zope] Sql result searchs with Z Catalog

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:11:30 +0200 (CEST)

asjf11@uaa.alaska.edu writes:
 > I need to somehow populate an ZCatalog index with the results of a
 > Z SQL Method. If you are familiar with ColdFusion, it needs to have
 > the same functionality as a Verity search on a collection (custom
 > indexed from a query).  I am having trouble seeing how this might
 > be accomplished.
You asked this question already several times.
I did not answer, because I do not understand why you may
want to do this.
I cannot imagine why someone wants to emulate a fast relational
search by a (comparatively) slow ZCatalog search.
Thus, I must miss something.

Anyway. ZCatalog is happy to catalog anything that is
URL addressable.
Using direct traversal (--> Z SQL User Guide) you can make
database records URL addressable.

You probably will need an explicit loop over your query
result set and call "catalogObject" for each of them.

Dieter