[Zope] newbie questions

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:23:09 -0400

Hi Frank,

It sounds like your SourceSafe tie in could potentially be a fairly
complex undertaking.  Amos Latteier wrote an example COMObject product
that will show you the mechanics of utilizing COM objects from Zope.
This might help.  And though I know you don't want to VC Zope objects,
you might be interested in Steve Spicklemire's CVSMixin product that
seems to utilize CVS for version control of several kinds of Zope
objects.  You may get tips from both of these products.  Seach Zope.org
for both.

To back up the ZODB, just copy the Data.fs file in the var directory.
You may safely do this while Zope is running.  To restore, reinstall
Zope and all the products you're using and copy the Data.fs into the var
directory.

HTH,

Chris