[Zope] Is Zope slow?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 20:44:45 -0600

Curtis Maloney wrote in part:

> A friend of mine was a hardcore PHP nut, before I introduced him to Zope, and
> was amazed at how simple it made work.  I think the thing that slowed his
> learning of zope the most was often expecting solutions to problems to be
> complex.

I'll second that!

I recently spent about two weeks trying to figure out a site I thought
would be difficult, even in Zope (converting from [*ugh*] Broken K
Shell). Once I untangled my brain and realized how easy it would be, it
took less than an hour to get the foundation done. Now I'm just playing
with GUI.

Bill

--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment".

seen in a posting on comp.software.testing