[Zope] Is Zope slow?

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:35:23 -0400

> Well, i don't think my site will ever get that much hits:) Anyway, i check
> out Digicool website on this ZEO thing, and it seems that they charge abt
> $25,000 for this product alone(+consulting)? Not to belittle their effort,
> but that's a huge amount of money, considering that everything nowadays is
> "open-source":). Or did i interpret it wrongly? TIA.

ZEO is open source now. It used to be (a few months ago) that $25,000 but
now is completely open source (search for ZEO on Zope.org). It is in
Alpha/Beta and will be out soon. It probably one of the biggest things that
gets the littlest attention. It will bring Zope to a whole new level of
scaling the only 1,000,000 solutions offer now.