[Zope] cr/lf causing spaces

Meeting Maker Webmaster webmaster@meetingmaker.com
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 09:00:18 +0200

Hello,

At 20:43 08.07.2000 +0000, you wrote:
>Would it be possible for Zope (which has to parse the dtml files etc
>anyway) to convert cr+lf to plain cr?

You might want to give a look to a product called "StructuredText Document"
under http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/STX_Document. It will keep the
the layout as typed without having to give any HTML. But the good thing
with it is that you can add some HTML tags if needed and they will be
rendered correctly in your browser. There is also a How-To about structued
text ( http://www.zope.org/Members/millejoh/structuredText )

The other way to use structured-text is by telling it to Zope when you
render and object with <dtml-var stx_doc_name fmt=structured-text>
  (taken from the how-to mentioned above). the structured-text format is
one of these many cool Zope features.

>The problem I have currently is that if I format my dtml source nice and
>orderly, I end up having spaces in my Output where I don't want any...

Other way arround would be to manually add a <BR> before every carriage
return you make... but I don't think that's what you want ;-)

Best regards,

Gérard Métrailler Jr.

Meeting Maker Inc.
... the intelligent choice for collaborative scheduling

Email: webmaster@meetingmaker.com
Web: http://www.meetingmaker.com