[Zope] MySQLDA Won't build

Gregory Haley ghaley@venaca.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:48:36 -0400

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are having the same problem, but when we
built MySQLDA, I found that there are some lines in one of
the configure files that need to be fixed.  Did you save the
compile log?  (Sorry, but I cannot recall the exact file
that has the problems), but there are three places where
there is an & in the middle of a line that is trying to act
in the C like addressing, but there is no address there.

A second problem we had, is that after fixing these lines
this did not build on redhat but did fine under informix
(???). we had to move the .so file by hand, and it works
ok.  I have been having trouble getting any of the various
MySQL modules (either for zope or for python) to build on
RedHat -- I'm growing increasingly impatient with redhat it
seems to be getting more microsoftish with each new release.

ciao!
greg.

Gregory Haley
venaca.com