[Zope] GUF Problem

Richard Moon richard@dcs.co.uk
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:17:10 +0100

At 17:15 10/07/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Is it possible (and how) to use the standard ACL
>with a user-database behind it ???
>
>Thanks
>Mario
Well kind of, in the sense that you can check the user login using ACL in
the normal way and then you can match AUTHENTICATED_USER against your user
database so your database knows who it is.

It means maintaining your users in two places (in the ACL folder and in the
database), but it's a workaround until the GUF problems are ironed out or
login manager is up and running (with docs on how to use it).

I need this because I've got users inputting data via Zope and I need to
have a user ID I can stamp their data with - so all I do is -

select user_id
from users
where <dtml-sqltest AUTHENTICATED_USER column=username type=string>

in an SQL-method where AUTHENTICATED_USER is defined as an argument.

Seems to work OK !

that's what I'm doing until I (or someone else) finds out hot to get GUF
working again.