[Zope] Help with ZPoPyDA

Nitesh Dhanjani nitesh@expert.cc.purdue.edu
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:42:48 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Sebastien Douche wrote:

> Le Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 10:49:27AM -0500, Nitesh Dhanjani à écrit:
> # Im trying to access a postres database from within zope. I have
> # ZPoPyDA-0.5.tar.gz installed along with PoPy-1.2.
> #
> # The connection string Im using is something like:
> # user=thierry host=myhost dbname=test port=5432 password=mypassword
>
> It's a example. Change with yours attributes.
> thierry by your user.
> myhost by your host (or localhost).
> test by your db name.
> mypassword by your db password.

Yes I know its an example, but did not want to post host+user info to the
entire mailing list.

I cannot seem to connect to the postgres database using psql, and get:
Failed to authenticate client as Postgres user 'bob' using <unknown
authentication type>: be_recvauth: unrecognized message type: 131072

so its probably not a problem with ZPoPyDA. If anyone has come across this
error or might know of a solution, please let me know.

Thanks
nitesh.