[Zope] data record exceeds transaction record

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:59:11 -0400

> > It's not a server or a hardware problem because I tested my
> data.fs on another hardware,machine. As well as it's not a
> another file in zope, because I tested that data.fs on zope
> linux, and zope windows. So it's really inside data.fs
>
> The data file is definiately corrupted. That's what the error
> tracsbeack says.
> It's a "FileStorage.CorruptedTransactionError".  The question
> is how the file
> got that way.

Johnathan,

A few days ago R. David Murray posted this to you:

> This may not be of any help, but I got this kind of error when
> I was trying to build a Zope site on a computer that had
> one of the bad Intel motherboards.  I banged my head agaist
> the wall hard before I finally figured out that it was a
> hardware problem...

Have you verified that you're not running into the
same problem (or same sort of problem)? Its easy
enough to fix a corrupted database, but it will do
you no good if you actually have a hardware problem
because it will just happen again eventually.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909