[Zope] Manager Screen Authenication

Jason Lee jlee@rri-medtech.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:43:40 -0500

"Sean S. Rowe" wrote:

> Still not working.  I am using version 2.1.6 and compiled using 'python -O
> wo_pcgi.py'.  In addition, the QuickStart guide works, which seems to use
> Zope.

Shot in the dark here.  You could try changing your password and tell zpasswd to
store it as clear text.  You can then verify the password with your favorite
editor before attempting to authenticate from the web.  I haven't tried this
personally, so I don't know if it will work, but I don't see why not.

> Is it possible Apache is somehow handling the request and I need to direct
> it to pass authentication variables?

If you are entering localhost:8080 as the URL, unless you have a non-standard
apache, apache is not even in the picture...

--
Jason Lee          | My German is as good as my jujitsu, which is to say,
Programmer/Analyst | "I don't know German." -- Tycho Brahe, Penny Arcade