[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Problem with Zope

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:30:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Tina Goyne (TT) wrote:
> I am a novice Zope user--my web master left my company and I have been
> pegged with the responsibility of maintaining our internal website.  I am
> having a problem adding a new folder and then adding a file to the folder.
> The file is located on another server with appropriate permissions.
> However, this is the error message I get:

I'm sure we can help you figure this out, but we'll probably have
to ask a bunch of questions first to figure out where things aren't
working <grin>.

How did you go about creating the file?  What URL were you trying
to access when you got the resource not found message?  If the
file is on another server, there is going to have be be some
way for Zope to fetch the file before it can serve it, for example
by uploading the file through the browse button in the add file
screen.

--RDM

PS: this is definately more suited to the zope list than the
zope-dev list (the latter being for product developers and
the like), so I've changed the cc accordingly.