[Zope] Newbie:Credit-card question

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:11:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

from your emailadress I guess you are from Germany :-). Here the situation
with online-authorisation of creditcard payments is difficult.
The wampum product for example, will not do it here, cause you get no
merchant account to use it.

In his talk about ecommerce with Zope on the Linuxtag Robert Segal said,
that he is still using a kind of offline solution - a separate box, which
is connected over a phone line to the authorizer, which is connected over
serial line to the Ecommerce server.

The problem is not on the technical site, but the banks don't offer this
service. They still are pushing the SET (secure electronic
transactions) standard.

But there is hope. CyberCash Germany offers a new service POSH (Point of
sale Hub), which can do exactly, what you want: Creditcard payment
authorization over an SSL-conection with an https-server. And even better
I have used it already from Zope, and working on, making a Zopeproduct out
of it and  get it certified with Cybercash. You can get test accounts from
Cybercash, just send a mail to support@cybercash.de.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. Büro für Internetanwendungen
Hüsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163