[Zope] SQL returning zero rows hangs ... but not with Gadfly !

Nigel Head nhead@houbits.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:41:31 +0000

(CVS version 11/July, Linux, Postgres 7)
In summary, I have tried this with both the PoPy and
ZPyGres flavours of PostGres adapter and with GadFly; these are the only
d'bases I have available easily.

Any SELECT query which returns no rows (a where <something impossible...>
condition) seems to cause Zope to fail to respond to my browser. If I persevere
a few times (maybe 7? haven't really counted) then Zope vanishes alltogether.

BUT -- this doesn't happen with GadFly; there I duly get a report that no data
was returned. I'll swear I didn't use to have this problem a coupel of weeks
back, so I'm basivally suspecting Zope, but ....

I'm in search of data points with other databases/zopes etc to find out
whether this is postgres or what!

I'm going to go get 2.2beta4 now and see what that brings ...

Thanks in advance ...

--
Nigel Head
Houbits Hi-Tech Servers