[Zope] PIL on Win32 for the Photo Product

Alexander Limi alexander@limi.net
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:49:04 +0200

Hi,

I need PIL in my Zope install to get the Photo product working. I downloaded
the win32 version of PIL from http://starship.python.net/crew/da/PIL/ and
tried unpacking it in the bin\python dir of my Zope install. Photo reports
the following:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\Zope\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 387, in
import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\Products\Photo\__init__.py", line
42, in ?
    import Photo
  File "C:\Program Files\Zope\lib\python\Products\Photo\Photo.py", line 87,
in ?
    from PIL.Image            import BICUBIC, BILINEAR, NEAREST
ImportError: No module named PIL.Image

The web pages say something about a pil.pth file, I can't find that anywhere
in the archive either.

Can anybody give me some hints on what to do?

Alexander.