[Zope] MetaPublisher DB - was linuxworld article

George Donnelly gsd@mac.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:17:19 +0900

> this version will come with a few other goodies --- but we prefer to keep some
> things a surprise.

might i hope that one of these goodies will be an improvement in the way
metapublisher interacts with zcatalogs?

see my post in june to the mp list below:

i have several MP instances in subfolders and need to present the most
recent mp entries from any/all of the these MP instances on my index_html
page in the zope root.

when i add a Z search interface in the zope root it only offers me the
Catalog in the zope root as a searchable object and does not seem to be
aware of any mp_catalog's.

alternatively i could find all meta entry's to the Catalog in the zope root
but the meta entry meta type does not show up in the selection list. how
could i find the meta entrys without finding all objects? can anybody
recommend an expression? i tried something like meta type==meta entry but
this was a no go -- it returned ALL objects

the only way i could do it is by adding each individual mp entry's id into
the find to catalog mechanism. for a site with any traffic this could be a
major bummer!

then the next problem was that when i used the getpath directive to get a
url for the records returned by the Catalog i got a url like this
mpfolder/mp_entries/9995757.435 which plays all kinds of havoc with my
carefully crafted directory structure ;-|

Regards,
GEORGE DONNELLY
george@cyklotron.com
http://cyklotron.com/
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a
thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. --William J Bryan