[Zope] strange pcgi prob in FreeBSD

Peter Haight peterh@sapros.com
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:28:58 -0700

I had this problem as well. The problem is that there is some bug or
something where FreeBSD is limiting the transmission of data over the UNIX
domain sockets to 8192 bytes so only pages that are less than that size
work.

To fix it, run the following as root:

sysctl -w net.local.stream.recvspace=65536
sysctl -w net.local.stream.sendspace=65536

That will let it work with pages up to 64k.

I think this is some FreeBSD problem, but I'm not sure. The send() should
block instead of returning with only 8k sent.